logo design | how to make a logo
History dates back to ancient times when logos or imprints were made on various objects for the purpose of identification by our forefathers. Various imprints were made on the coins and other objects of daily usage. Footprints of our precedors have led to the usage of logos in today’s era. Today logos are being used both private and public sectors for seeking identification and recognition. Various companies irrespective of their expansion units use these logos in order to differentiate their products and brands from that of others. Many government and non –governmental organizations have used logos for the identification purposes. For example: UNICEF, WHO, ETC
- How to make logo in photoshop :Logo of a company or brand is the most important part for performing any business activity. Therefore, logos or symbols should be choosen very carefully. Various points should be kept in mind before designing a logo. These are as follows: A logo must be simple- a simple logo helps in easy recognition and identification, hence eliminates the chance of confusion. A logo must be memorable- which means it should not be confusing with those of other brands. A logo should be future proof- which means logo should be designed keeping in mind the fact that it has to be used for lifetime and has not to be changed often. A logo must be appropriate- it should be of appropriate size .
- Designing a logo: Below written are the various steps in designing a logo Discussion with the client- this step is very important as it includes a conversation between the logo designer and the client. The designer should ask the client about various requirements of the logo and should get the design brief. Research- conduct the research based on the industry or brand history, and its competitors. Taking reference for your logos- research should be done about various designs and current styles related to the design brief. Sketching of logo- logo concepts should be sketched around the design brief and research.
- Presentation: The logo should be presented to the client and various changes should be made according to the need of the client. Discussion with the client and changes if any after the presentation of the logo design are very important as the interpretation of the brand of the client may differ from that of the logo designer. Points to be kept in mind
- Design of the logo: Various symbols such as light bulbs for ideas, speech bubbles for discussions , globs for international, etc can be used. These ideas should be brainstorming and should pop in one’s head immediately after visualization. Clients should not be allowed to dictate- The color and background of the logo should be decided by the designer according to the need of the brand and should not be chosen under the influence of the client as the client may tend to choose the basic trend whereas logo should be made for the lifetime purpose. Background of the logo- The background should be kept simple. It should sound soothing to the viewer. Simple backgrounds include colors such as white and black.
- Colour of the logo: Color should be chosen according to the basic need of the brand but not on the bases of the trend presently influencing people. Logos should be future-proof. Usage of grids and gradients- Gradients means using two or more colours to produce a soothing effect of the logo. combination of various tools of gradients can be used to make a logo. Grids helps to define a logo upto a certain limits and hence allows space maintainace of the logo. Use negative space effectively- Some logos have hidden meanings in there negative spaces which should be used effectively. Donot add pictorials and shapes in the negative space. Design should be active but not passive- By adding device to the design you can add movement to the design. Don’t use more than two fonts Don’t confuse logo with brands Size should be appropriate.